Cronin's Golf Resort - In October, 1929 Mark Cassidy and Guy W. Wilkinson purchased property along the Hudson River that had been the farmland of the Heath, Bissell and Hewitt families. With Patrick J. Cronin, Golf Course Superintendent at Glens Falls Country Club, they designed a golf course and began construction. The original plans called for nine holes on each side of the (then called) Glen Road but only those along the Hudson River were built. At 8:00 AM on Saturday, July 14, 1930 Queen Village Golf Club officially opened to the public. The club drew golfers from most of the surrounding communities. At the end of that first season a club championship was held. The men’s trophy, won by E. H. O'Connor, was a gift from Warrensburg Supervisor Frank W. Smith. The women’s trophy, won by Mrs. Leonard Williams from Riverside, was donated by Mrs. Charles H. Burhans. In 1945 Cassidy, then sole owner, sold the course to Robert J. Cronin, son of the designer, and Richard McCarthy (who sold his share to Cronin a year later). Many changes were accomplished under Bob's and his wife Beverly's guidance, including the addition of housekeeping cottages to attract vacationers. This led to a name change to Cronin’s Vacationland Golf Club. In 1967 Bob added an additional nine holes, some of which were next to the river. The ice from the spring thaw destroyed these holes repeatedly. In 1988 Bob’s sons James and John took over the management of the course and replaced the threatened holes with new ones on higher ground. They changed the name to Cronin's Golf Resort. The third generation of Cronins works constantly to upgrade and improve this beautiful golf resort along the Hudson River.
|Warrensburgh Heritage Trail
532 County Route 40