New York State Department of Transportation (DOT) was originally the New York State Highway Department in 1909, which became the Department of Public Works in 1927. The office was located in the Wills Block. Frank L. Bisbee was the state engineer and superintendent. He continued in this office until the fall of 1949, when he retired and was replaced by P. Raymond Keyes. The plans for the new office and storage buildings on upper Main Street were completed in 1947 with the awarding of contracts in 1951. The office was completed in 1953. The low bidder on the construction work was Adirondack Construction Company of Glens Falls with a bid of $184,786. The total of all contracts was $238,065. In 1967 the NYS Department of Public Works (DPW) became the Department of Transportation (DOT).
|Warrensburgh Heritage Trail||
4021 Main Street