The Long Expected Restaurant opened on April 21, 1950 under owner Arthur Steyron. It was located in North Caldwell, on Route 9 just across the Schroon River bridge from Warrensburg. In 1954 Marcus Bruce purchased the restaurant and renamed it Queen Village Restaurant. In July of 1955, Bruce gave a chattel mortgage to Jan and Nicholas Colios, by which they owned and operated the restaurant until 1959. A foreclosure and auction closed the restaurant for a short period. Around this time it was also known as Hamburger Haven. Next, it was purchased and run by the original owner, Arthur Steyron through December of 1962. In 1963 John and Kate True opened the business with the name of Oxbow Restaurant. They ran the business until August of 1966, when a fire gutted the Marcus Bruce Block and the restaurant.
|Warrensburgh Heritage Trail||
Long Expected Restauraunt