Frances Antique Shop owned by Frances and Joseph Carlucci opened on lower Main Street around 1944. In 1946 they purchased and then moved into the former Mixter blacksmith shop (27 Main Street). It had been an antique store run by Ed Powers prior to their moving in. Downstairs was their antique shop, with antique jewelry, china and silver. The second story was their living quarters, but they also used it to display furniture, which was for sale. Joseph died in 1965 and Frances continued running the shop. In 1986, when she was 77 years old, two robbers tied her up in her apartment and stole more than $160,000 in jewelry. After the robbery, she continued selling antiques, but would no longer sell jewelry. Frances died in 2000.
|Warrensburgh Heritage Trail
Mixter Blacksmith Shop