The Fred W. King House (8 Mountain Avenue)
In addition to the King house at 125 Main Street, mention must be made of here of another home on the large tract of land, extending from Main Street to Hackensack Mountain, known as the King farm.
This well-kept house was built by Fred W. King, grandson of Peletiah Rechards. Construction of the house took place in the late 1800's; the bricks used in construction were made by Mr. King, himself.
Mr. King did not occupy this house which he created with such affection, but, instead, when he married he lived and brought up his family in the ancestral home on Main Street.
The house was let until 1927, at which time it was sold by Mr. King and his wife, Minerva, to Lester Love and his wife, Fannie. The Loves occupied the home wunil the middle sixties, when it was sold to the present owners. It is one of the few brick homes in Warrensburgh and has been kept in excellent condition. ~Maria Fisher
|Warrensburgh Heritage Trail||
Fred W. King House