Free Methodist Church meetings were held in private homes from 1883, with circuit rider missionaries from as far away as Saratoga Springs coming to Warrensburg and Johnsburg. The Warrensburg congregation of four people needed a centralized location after meeting for many years as part of a circuit in people's homes. The four were Daniel and Mary Bennett and Alonson and Harriet J. Harrington. The last minutes of the Johnsburg congregation were in 1904 and those members (6) came to Warrensburg. They met in what is believed to be the Stone's schoolhouse (currently Dingman property on Route 418). Around 1917 space was rented in a building owned by Martin Messenger and known as "Hoag's Hall" (Lewisville). In 1933 they built a modest building on River Street at the current location. Since then a large addition containing a new sanctuary was built and parking was greatly expanded.
|Warrensburgh Heritage Trail||
Free Methodist Church