Coal Pocket – In 1921 A. C. Emerson Company constructed a modern coal elevator to store 1,000 tons of coal in eight separate "pockets." Coal delivered by the Delaware and Hudson Railroad was raised to the top of the three-storey building by an electric conveyor and transferred to a specific bin (or pocket) according to size. Coal was the preferred source of heating during the decades before World War II. Unused for decades, the building burned to the ground on August 22, 2011.
|Warrensburgh Heritage Trail||
93 River Street