Rice’s Guest House, a 27-room Queen Anne Victorian mansion built in 1909 by Lewis Thomson, became the home of his daughter, Pearl and her husband Philip E. Rice, who owned the Brown Swan Club in Schroon Lake. Also known as Ye Guest House, the public lodging came into being during the 1930s, when it served travelers and vacationers in the area. Philip died in 1948, some time after which it was sold and served as a private residence. Later it was operated as the Bent Finial Manor and currently it is operating as the Cornerstone Victorian Bed and Breakfast.
The Cornerstone Victorian Bed and Breakfast is a 27 room Queen Anne Victorian mansion built by local entrepreneur, Lewis Thomson in 1909. Thomson and his wife Phoebe (Sisson) had one daughter, Pearl, who later in life, as Mrs. Philip Rice, opened the family home to travelers. It was named, “Ye Guest House,” also known as Rice's Guest House. The home received guests till the late 1950s. For the next 30 years it was a private residence for several local families. In 1990 the home reopened to the public, as The Bent Finial Manor, by Pat Scully. In 2000, Doug and Louise Goettsche became the new innkeepers, renaming it Cornerstone Victorian Bed and Breakfast. (See Rice's Guest House.)