This contributing, 2-story, c. 1927, brick, commercial structure is one of the best examples of early-twentieth century commercial architecture in the hamlet. It has a rough-coarsed, stone foundation, six-pane windows in a three and four rank arrangement, concrete sills and decorative brickwork above the windows. Further design details include a brick parapet, pilasters and a brick and concrete frieze.
Emerson Bank - The bank was started on January 1, 1884 by Albert C. Emerson and his son, Louis. Younger son, James soon joined the business, which was known as the Emerson Company. In 1888, the bank moved from the Woodward Block to the Adirondack Hotel. None of the currency or records in its vault were damaged by the 1896 fire that destroyed the hotel. When the hotel was rebuilt, the business returned to its quarters there. A National Bank charter was secured in 1908 and it became known as the Emerson National Bank. Early officers were: President, Louis Emerson; Vice-President and Cashier, James Emerson, and Teller, Louis Reoux. Directors were Louis Emerson, James Emerson, Louis Reoux, James Somerville and Milton Eldridge. A new bank building was constructed in 1926 and opened for business in April, 1927, with Albert L. Emerson, James' son, as president. In 1958 remodeling and expansion occurred, which included a drive-thru window. Following Albert's death the bank was sold to The State Bank of Albany in 1966. Norstar Bank subsequently acquired it and in 2005 it was acquired by Glens Falls National Bank.