The discontiguous portion of the Hamlet of Warrensburgh Historic District is comprised of a cohesive cluster of four highly intact and historically significant properties ranging in date from 1864-1926. Located at the southeastern end of Main Street on its north side, the discontiguous portion of the district is physicaiiy separated from the larger district by a sudden change in• the topography (steep hillside). The intervening space also contains a smaii cluster of altered late-nineteenth century residences, a large property owned by
the Catholic Church, St, Cecilia’s Catholic Church and Rectory (potentially National Register eligible), and a large, post-1950 residence atop the hillside.
47 Main Street Photo/Map #102
This contributing, c.1926 utilitarian building, originally built as an Odd Fellows meeting hall, is constructed of oversized, precast concrete block and features the typical meeting hall/grange 2-story,“ rectangular plan devoid of detail. The original flat roof was
replaced with a c.1970 gable roof. The building presently houses the VFW and the Museum of Local History
53 Main Street Photo/Map #103
This contributing, c.1875, 2-story, frame residence exhibits Queen Anne influence in the detailing of the window heads, bracketing, porch spindling and finials. It includes a full front porch that continues down one side of the building and a portico on the other side, clapboard-siding, slate roof, and 2/2 sash. Its present use is a private residence and B&B-.
57 Main Street Photo/Map# 105
Church of the Holy Cross, Rectory and Parish Hall
This contributing, c.1864 Gothic Revival church has been used continuously to date as the Episcopal Church of Warrensburgh. constructed by a mason, Albert Alden, who was also well respected in the community. It is of locally quarried, hand-cut granite and exhibits arched, stained and leaded glass windows, slate roof, buttresses and a square, castellated bell tower. At the walk entry are two opposing stone pillars each surmounted by wrought irori lanterns, now electrified. These features were rebuilt in 1999 to original design. The tower is also undergoing extensive structural repair. To the south, and connected to the church by a stone ambulatory (1911), is the 1886 rectory which features a stone, side-gabled wing with brick enframed lancet windows, and a front main wing with a stone first story and shingled gables. A low stone retaining wall with stone pillars runs along the sidewalk and is a contributing resource on the property.
63 Main Street Photo/Map #106
This contributing, residence is a front gable, 2-story building with a 2-story cross gable, and is of late-Victorian influence. The foundation is of hand cut granite, probably locally quarried, and the roof is patterned slate. It has a full front porch that is now enclosed with windows. •