The Judd Bridge crosses the Schroon River on the southeasterly side of the town. The bridge was named for Samuel Judd who owned a large tract of farm-land on the opposite hillside. The first bridge across the Schroon River was at this site. It was built by Timothy Stowe around 1820 and was a toll bridge. A new bridge was built by Joseph Goodfellow around 1893 at a cost of approximately $6,000. The bridge was repaired twice before a collapse dubious honor of also going through the previous Judd Bridge. Replacement of the bridge occurred the following year with an iron structure. The Judd Bridge was replaced with a two-lane steel structure in 1996.
Warrensburgh was known as "The Bridge" before it got its own name, because it was the site of the only bridge in the county crossing the Schroon River. That bridge, located where the current Judd Bridge is now, connected the hamlet with North Caldwell (Lake George). In the mid-1800s another bridge, built where Route 9 now crosses the river, became known as the "Plank Road Bridge" for the planked toll road between Lake George and Warrensburgh. This was a welcome improvement for haulers and stagecoaches. In 1901 a trolley bridge was built adjacent, to accommodate the trolley line between Glens Falls and Warrensburg.
Joseph Hutchinson, an early settler in 1787, built the first gristmill in Warrensburgh before 1800. It was located at the south end of the Judd Bridge. The foundation can be seen in low water, just below the present bridge.